25 Nov 2014
2. Explore the environmental richness of the Deep Creek Lake area at Swallow Falls State Park. Swallow Falls isn't just for tourists - us locals love to visit this beautiful state park as well. Get out in nature and enjoy the peace, quiet, scenic views and wildlife at Swallow Falls State Park.
3. Take the kids to Funland and unleash them upon the kid-themed utopia that offers mini-golfing, arcade games, bumper cars, go-karts, a climbing wall, and much more! Funland website The arcade and mini golf are open from 10am to 11pm Sunday-Thursday, and till 11:30pm on Friday and Saturday during the summer. The rides are open from 10am to 10pm Sunday-Thursday and till 11pm on Friday and Saturday
4. Get near in the clouds and explore Deep Creek Lake from above through the Wisp Resort’s Canopy Tour and Chipmunk Challenge Course for the kiddos. The canopy tour features a series of zip lines and obstacles to complete, including a cargo net, a plank bridge, and two zips with beautiful lake views. The canopy tour is for younger kids that are up for some adventure.
5. Bowl with the locals at the recently renovated new bowling alley, “The Alley” in Oakland, Maryland.
6. Take a bite out of locally made goat cheese at FireFly Farms Creamery and Market's tasting and pairings, or shop the market for delicious cheeses and specialty food and drinks.
7. Visit the farmer’s market held every Saturday morning in the Oakland Town Pavilion.
8. Looking to belt out a personal anthem from your heart on a Friday night? Check out weekly karaoke at the Boardwalk Bar - a lakefront bar and grill! Fridays starting at 8pm.
9. A local favorite that’s sure to delight, “Pasta Night” at Ace’s Run at Will O the Wisp Resort is a tremendous experience coupled with delicious and decadent pasta. This night is revered by locals as the pinnacle of culinary concoction. Pasta night is every Wednesday from 4pm to 10pm. Adults pay $15.95 and kids 12 and under pay their age!
10. Just jump in! Deep Creek Lake life is as good as it gets. There’s nothing more fun or more relaxing than hitting the lake after a day of excitement and exploration, so just jump in! That's what the locals do every chance we get!