WHAT TO BRING:
We strongly advise that you bring all necessary groceries and toiletries with you for your stay. Many of our local grocery stores are still experiencing shortages with items such as toilet paper and cleaning supplies. Bringing your own groceries will also limit community spread and increased exposure for both our local community and for you as a visitor to our area. There is a local grocery delivery service, but it will most likely be limited availability. Download the Dumpling app and choose ‘Deep Creek Food Taxi’ from providers to view more information and services. In addition to groceries, they can also deliver food.
If needing to shop at a local grocery store, this is typically limited to one essential person in your group right now.
In addition, while we do provide all dishware and utensils, we strongly encourage bringing disposable products with you and to limit use of reusable dishware.
Standard "What to Bring" List:
- Paper products (toilet paper, paper towels, coffee filters/pods, etc.)
- Bath toiletries & hair dryers
- Hand soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent
- Charcoal for outdoor grilling (if your home uses a charcoal vs. gas grill. Gas provided for gas grills.)
- Trash bags
- Beach towels for lake, pool, and hot tub use
- Stock up on ice! While some of our homes provide ice makers, we do not guarantee any home has an ice maker or that it's in currently working order. We provide homes with ice cube trays for you to use at your convenience, however if you think you will need more ice than these trays can accommodate, we recommend you grab some locally on your way to the home.
- Specialty kitchen items (crockpots, large roasting pans, etc.)
- A copy of your booking confirmation (if your home provides CARC swimming passes and you plan to use them, you'll need to show them your booking confirmation as your pass)
OUR PREPARATION FOR YOUR ARRIVAL:
Following the COVID-19 pandemic, Railey Vacations implemented new, EPA approved santizing solution - Neutra Clean-RX. This sanitizing solution is pH neutral, non-toxic, non-caustic, phosphate and chelant free, and provides thorough disinfection.
This solution is used on all major touch points in a home, including light switches, door handles, and railings. Linens are cleaned in our state of the art laundry facility, which steams and cleans the linens at a temperature that quarantees cleanliness and kills bacteria.
Our laundry facility allows us to safely clean linens in between guest stays. Our homes are cleaned by experienced and knowledgeable cleaning crews who are familiar with the area, the individual homes, and our standards.
Our company will continue to practice good hygiene through hand washing and use of disinfectants, and will always follow the recommendations put forth by the CDC, Maryland State, and County Health Department regarding special procedures for COVID-19.
CHECK IN/OUT PROCEDURES:
The majority of our homes utilize remote check-in and check-out. Your specific reservation details will elaborate more on this (sent 2 weeks prior to your arrival). Please refer to them for your code and policies. Should your home require a key to check-in, our offices will be opened and check-in/out procedures have been modified to limit person-to-person contact (details included in your pre-arrival information). If needing to stop by our office, please only have one person from your party come inside the office and maintain safe social distances. Our offices are being sanitized and our staff will be wearing protective PPE.
We will not be accepting early check-in or late check-out options to allow ample time for extensive cleaning and laundering.
AREA INFORMATION FOR YOUR VISIT:
Masks are Mandated at Any Establishment
Maryland requires that masks or face coverings be worn when entering any establishment. Please come prepared with face coverings for any persons who would need to enter a business. This law is enforced and patrons will be turned away at the door if not properly covering their face.
Group Sizes Not Yet Limited
While Maryland did suggest that indoor gatherings remain smaller than 25 people, there is not currently a legal restriction on group sizes over 25. If your group exceeds 25 persons, you will still be able to visit as planned. Should our local health department amend this, we will notify you immediately.
Indoor Dining is Limited to 50% Occupancy
In a recent press conference, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan restricted indoor dining from 75% occupancy to 50% occupancy with other safety precautions in place. As the weather at Deep Creek continues to cool down, outdoor dining will become more scarce, although many restaurants have added outdoor heaters to their patio areas. Masks must be worn upon entry of the restaurant and any time you're not seated at your table. Persons seated at one table is limited to 6.
The large majority of restaurants are offering online ordering and full menus for take-out options. Most restaurants do not deliver, and there are not currently any delivery apps like DoorDash or GrubHub in the area. You can place delivery orders through the Dumping app, by selecting 'Deep Creek Food Taxi' as your carrier. Many restaurants, like Dutch's at Silver Tree, are also still offering family-style to-go meals! Check your included coupon sheet for a special deal!
If you're in town for the holidays, many local restaurants and stores are offering pre-made holiday meals! You can view the full list here.
Most Attractions Remain Open
At this point, the majority of indoor activities and attractions remain open. They may have some safety measures in place, so please call ahead or check their social media/website for updated information. Deep Creek is also home to 8+ state parks and many recreation areas - late fall is a beautiful time to get out and enjoy the fresh mountain air! You can find local attractions and things to do on our website, DeepCreek.com.
You can read the full, updated Maryland Executive Order here.
COMMUNITY POOL STATUSES
As of June 19th, 2020 the CARC (Community Aquatic and Recreation Center) has reopened their doors! Please click here to read through their reopening guidelines and details.
COMMUNITY POOL OPENING STATUSES:
- Blakeslee: OPEN AS OF JULY 1ST. Read Reopening Policies Here
- DC (Deep Creek) Highlands: CLOSED
- Ski Harbor: CLOSED
- Sunplace: OPEN AS OF JULY 24TH.The pool hours are 10:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily through Labor Day Weekend. Users of the pool enter at their own risk and all measures are expected to be self-regulated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stuck Inside? Try these ideas!
The idea of being stuck indoors isn’t always a fun one, but our rental homes offer loads of amenities and features to keep you entertained during the coming weeks! Private in-home theaters, indoor pools, TVs equipped with streaming options, game tables including Pool Tables, Air Hockey, Shuffleboard, Ping-Pong, the options are endless! Here are a variety of things you can do while going on a “staycation” at your home-away-from-home in Deep Creek Lake:
- In-home movie night: Stream/rent DVDs, grab some popcorn, candy, and soda, & watch a movie together!
- Binge a new show (or shows…no judgement)
- Play Indoor Hide & Seek
- Create a playlist & throw a dance party!
- Play Board Games or Charades
- Some of our homes offer indoor pools you can make a splash in!
- Design & Go on an Indoor Treasure (or Easter Egg) Hunt
- Listen to Audiobooks or Podcasts
- Have a photoshoot
- Create your own bingo cards & have a bingo tournament!
- Do an at-home craft kit. (Deep Creek Pottery is offering take-home pottery kits! Find out more detail here.)
- Learn & play a new card game
- Snuggle on the couch & read your favorite books
- Do a puzzle
- Learn to bake/cook something new! (Bonus: Film it as a “cooking show” or have a group bake/cook off!)
- Enjoy live streaming concerts & virtual tours of famous places! Many zoos, theme parks, museums, aquariums, and parks are offering virtual tours of their places.
- Put on your bathrobes & have a spa day
- Exercise, Yoga, Meditation
- Learn to crochet, knit, or finger/arm knit
- Have a coloring contest
- Take on a crossword or sudoku puzzle
- Just sit outside your door and…relax. Enjoy the quiet. Take a breather. Escape the panic. It’s going to be OK!